2008 Program of Work
To Accomplish in 2008
- Project - Work toward seamless mass transit for the area.
- Project - Re-establish a Call-to-Action network to get legislative results.
- Project - Seek Governor Perry’s appointment of Grady Smithey to a seat on the Texas Transportation Commission.
- Project - Continue to Host Thank God It's Friday (TGIF) Legislative breakfasts for Federal, State, and County elected officials during 2008.
- Project - Participate with Metroplex Chambers of Commerce in the Dallas Area Legislative Coalition.
- Goal - Assist sponsoring Chambers of Commerce and Economic Development Corporations in growing business in our area.
- Project - Continue to protect local determination for 4a and 4b sales tax uses.
- Project - Sponsor quarterly luncheons hosted by the combined chambers of commerce, bringing high interest speakers to our area.
- Goal - Seek to make the Best Southwest name better known in the Metroplex and beyond through participation.
- Goal - Seek positive editorial news coverage in Metroplex media.
- Project - Form a publicity committee.
- Project - Update our website to make it a more informative and useful tool for the public to find information on the area.
- Project - Produce a calendar of events of area chamber events to be published online.
- Goal - Promote lifelong learning opportunities for the area.
- Goal - Support establishment of the University of North Texas at Dallas campus in Southern Dallas County.
- Goal - Support business involvement in “It’s About Our Community” initiatives.
- Project - Provide support for logistics, international trade and sustain ability programs at area colleges and universities.
- Project - Provide a briefing to members of City Councils on our activities.